Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
ENGAGE: The NYC Digital Storytelling Conference
Wednesday, April 10, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
Digital Storytelling is evolving for brands, advertisers, film makers, producers and tech companies. The basic principles of “storytelling” remain unchanged. The execution of how to tell a good story has changed. New technologies have created new opportunities for advertisers, brands, and platforms to engage audiences and provide new contexts in which audiences, brands and advertisers can converse and interact. This cross flow is enabled by technology and how content is served up digitally (mobile, video, social media, web, video games, connected TV’s, social TV platforms, tablets and film). Hardware by which we tell stories has changed. The audiences we all want to reach have changed their content consumption patterns as well. What does this mean for the people who create the stories, the people who watch them and the advertisers who enable them. This is the Digital Storytelling Conference.
ENGAGE ASKS THE QUESTIONS:
- How do you innovate in storytelling?
- What companies do storytelling well?
- What are the best campaigns across platforms that have excelled with storytelling?
- What to do about old ad units that don’t allow storytelling?
- What’s the best way to tap into new forms of storytelling, like transmedia, gamification, spreadable media and more?
- Do you tell a story in this new digital ecosystem? When do you know if it is not working?
- What technologies are the best to employ for great storytelling?
- How do you harness creativity to move storytelling forward?
- How do you create immersive experiences and active users?
- Lisa Hsia, EVP at Bravo Digital Media
- Brian Ballard, CEO of APX Labs
- Tim Smith, Artistic Director of TOTEM, Cirque Du Soleil
- Ted Royer, Executive Creative Director at Droga5
- Nick Moore, EVP Chief Creative Officer at Wunderman New York
- Marissa Evans, CEO of Go Try It On
- Sabrina Caluori, VP of Social Media at HBO
- Jonathan Hoffman, President of Experience Creation at Starcom
- David Bryant, Chief Creative Officer at Organic
- Mike Nizza, Editor at Esquire Digital
- Jory Benerofe, Vice President of Branding at Vineyard Vines
- Nick Parish, Editorial Director of the Americas, Contagious Magazine
- Nick Hooker, Creative Director of Content, Framestore
- Jonathan Perelman, Vice President of Agency Strategy and Brand Development, BuzzFeed
- Adam Berger, Creative Strategist, Facebook
- Kristin Frank, Executive Vice President, Connected Content Group for Viacom Music and Logo Group, MTV
- Mike Monello, Partner & Chief Creative Officer, Campfire
- Rob Rasmussen, North America Chief Creative Officer, Story Worldwide
- James Cooper, Executive Editor, AdWeek
*Due to unforeseen circumstances, Doug Ray, Brian Morrissey, Gilles Ste-Croix and Dan Porter will no longer be speaking at ENGAGE on April 10th.
DON’T BE THE ONE MUMBLING, DAMN, I SHOULDA GONE TO THAT.
From social branding and CRM, to gaming, photo sharing and geo-location, our scheduled speakers will examine all platforms in terms of how they’re changing digital storytelling today. (Speaking of speakers—the list will be posted soon, and we believe it’s going to impress the hell out of you.)